Accredited Investment Fiduciary® (AIF®) training is the best way for investment fiduciaries to absorb the Prudent Practices, their legal underpinnings, and ways to apply them within existing fiduciary policies and procedures. The AIF® training is available in two different program formats, each concluding with an examination to apply for and earn the AIF® designation.
Upon successful completion of the program, participants will be able to:
- Articulate the basis for, and benefits of, fiduciary standards of excellence
- Identify when an individual or organization may be deemed to have fiduciary status
- Identify the legal standards that require fiduciaries to manage investment decisions prudently
- Apply the practices that define a prudent investment process for investment stewards and advisors and recognize the practices for investment managers
- Strengthen own or clients' fiduciary policies and procedures
- Become an Accredited Investment Fiduciary®
Following the successful completion of the AIF® exam, financial advisors become eligible to use the AIF® designation.
An AIF® takes a fiduciary role in investment planning. There has been controversy in the investment business about the difference between “suitable” investments and investments that are in the client's best interest. An AIF® pledges to utilize investments that are in the client's best interest.